Skip to main content

“When you fixate on your sin instead of His forgiveness, it’s easy to forget the fact that you are the apple of His eye.”

A thought by Mark Batterson (2014-09-02) from his book, The Grave Robber: How Jesus Can Make Your Impossible Possible (p. 38). Baker Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. (Click on the title to go to Amazon.com to buy the book.)

I find it amazing what people, even Christians fixate on and how it makes such a difference on their quality of life.  I don’t know if you realize it but what you fixate on is a choice. 

I love what Mark says, “I love the fact that this first miracle of Jesus (turning the water into wine) is not about saving a life. It’s about saving face! And it reveals how much God cares about the minute details of our lives. God is great not just because nothing is too big. God is great because nothing is too small. If it’s a big deal to you, it’s a big deal to God.”

Somehow we need to see how much He really cares about us and how that can make such a difference in our daily lives.  He loves you, He cares for you even though you are not perfect, even though you mess up, even though you have sinned, you are still the apple of His eye.  And we worry so much but He still cares about us.

Oh I know I am ready to many times turn my back on Christians who let the cares of life get them down but God doesn’t.  He understands your fears, He understands your disappointments and He cares and He is ready to take care of them. 

As Mark says, “God is great not just because nothing is too big. God is great because nothing is too small.”  That I think is a great thing to be reminded of at the beginning of a new week and the end of an old month.

So what are you fixating on today? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“We believe it’s important to derive value from everything in our lives.”

A thought by Jon Tyson from his book, The Burden Is Light: Liberating Your Life from the Tyranny of Performance and Success (p. 118). The Crown Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. (Click on the book title to go to Amazon.com to buy the book.) But is that all that is important? Jon says, “We want to realize an immediate return from whatever we invest in. I am prone to this way of thinking in so many areas of my life. ‘I paid a lot for that meal, yet the portions were not that big.’ ‘I invested two hours in that movie, and it was just okay.’   ‘I went to church, but the sermon wasn’t that profound.’ We believe it’s important to derive value from everything in our lives. But beauty doesn’t fit within that framework. When Mary anointed Jesus with oil, there was an immediate outcry against her extravagant generosity. ‘It could have been sold for more than a year’s wages and the money given to the poor.’ (Mark 14:5) One gospel depicts the disciples crying, ‘Why this waste?...

"Lie 2: The more you worry about it, the better your odds of avoiding it."

A thought by Louie Giglio in his book,   Winning the War on Worry    (p. 5). Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition. (Click on the book title to go to Amazon to buy the book.) Here is another lie that the Enemy uses with us. And Louie says, "This is a tricky lie. Yes, we often have cause for concern and preparation. But the Enemy wants you to believe that if you worry or fret over a certain outcome long enough, you can keep something bad from happening." But this is so important to realize. He says, "The reality is worrying has never once prevented something negative from happening. Planning might. Prayer has. But worry never will." He continues, "The Enemy tells you that by worrying about a situation (or every situation) you can make your tomorrow better. Really, worry just robs you of today. Jesus implored us: 'I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body mor...

“Hurry and love are incompatible.”

A thought by John Mark Comer from his book, The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry (p. 23). The Crown Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. (Click on the book title to go to Amazon.com to buy the book.) Wow, pretty strong thought isn’t it? John says, “All my worst moments as a father, a husband, and a pastor, even as a human being, are when I’m in a hurry—late for an appointment, behind on my unrealistic to-do list, trying to cram too much into my day. I ooze anger, tension, a critical nagging—the antitheses of love. If you don’t believe me, next time you’re trying to get your type B wife and three young, easily distracted children out of the house and you’re running late (a subject on which I have a wealth of experience), just pay attention to how you relate to them. Does it look and feel like love? Or is it far more in the vein of agitation, anger, a biting comment, a rough glare? Hurry and love are oil and water: they simply do not mix.” He goes on, “Hence, in the apostle P...