Skip to main content

“The most recent data available shows that just 24 percent of all men and women ages fifteen to forty-four who have never been married are still virgins.”

A thought by George Barna (2011-05-15) in his book Futurecast: What Today's Trends Mean for Tomorrow's World (Kindle Locations 467-468). Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

I never realized how our family wasn’t with it.  Every one of us – husband, wife, son, daughter, son in law, daughter in law – was a virgin when we were married.  Somewhere we missed the memo that said we were supposed to go along with the norm.

Now that meant that each one of us didn’t need to worry about whether their partner had a STD or a child somewhere.  But it did mean that each one was an individualist who didn’t let someone else pressure them into doing something they didn’t want to do before they were married. 

Now for me personally it meant I chose that path.  But let’s say I didn’t and I was one of the 76 percent who isn’t a virgin.  Now if that is true I do know one thing and that is GOD loves me just as much as if I was a 24 percent person.  HIS love for me isn’t based on me being a 24 percent person but HIS love for me doesn’t protect me from some of the consequences from being a 76 percent person.  HE will forgive me no matter what if I ask HIM but the potential consequences will still be there.  Now the forgiveness goes a long way from turning the bad to good. 

Now I recommend being a 24 percent person but I also recommend forgiveness if you are a 76’er.  GOD’s love is there for all and so is HIS forgiveness.

How about you?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Hurry and love are incompatible.”

A thought by John Mark Comer from his book, The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry (p. 23). The Crown Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. (Click on the book title to go to Amazon.com to buy the book.) Wow, pretty strong thought isn’t it? John says, “All my worst moments as a father, a husband, and a pastor, even as a human being, are when I’m in a hurry—late for an appointment, behind on my unrealistic to-do list, trying to cram too much into my day. I ooze anger, tension, a critical nagging—the antitheses of love. If you don’t believe me, next time you’re trying to get your type B wife and three young, easily distracted children out of the house and you’re running late (a subject on which I have a wealth of experience), just pay attention to how you relate to them. Does it look and feel like love? Or is it far more in the vein of agitation, anger, a biting comment, a rough glare? Hurry and love are oil and water: they simply do not mix.” He goes on, “Hence, in the apostle P...

"Lie 2: The more you worry about it, the better your odds of avoiding it."

A thought by Louie Giglio in his book,   Winning the War on Worry    (p. 5). Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition. (Click on the book title to go to Amazon to buy the book.) Here is another lie that the Enemy uses with us. And Louie says, "This is a tricky lie. Yes, we often have cause for concern and preparation. But the Enemy wants you to believe that if you worry or fret over a certain outcome long enough, you can keep something bad from happening." But this is so important to realize. He says, "The reality is worrying has never once prevented something negative from happening. Planning might. Prayer has. But worry never will." He continues, "The Enemy tells you that by worrying about a situation (or every situation) you can make your tomorrow better. Really, worry just robs you of today. Jesus implored us: 'I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body mor...

“The gospel is good news, not good advice.”

A thought by Timothy Keller (2016-10-25) from his book, Hidden Christmas: The Surprising Truth Behind the Birth of Christ (p. 21). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. (Click on the title to go to Amazon.com to buy the book.) I’m glad you stopped to catch a glimpse of what this thought really means. Tim says, “Advice is counsel about what you must do. News is a report about what has already been done. Advice urges you to make something happen. News urges you to recognize something that has already happened and to respond to it. Advice says it is all up to you to act. News says someone else has acted.” He then gives an illustration, “Let’s say there is an invading army coming toward a town. What that town needs is military advisers; it needs advice. Someone should explain that the earthworks and trenches should go over there, the marksmen go up there, and the tanks must go down there.”   That’s advice He goes on, “However, if a great king has intercepted and ...