Skip to main content

"The best form of worship is becoming the best version of who God has created you to be."

A thought by Mark Batterson (2011-01-18) in his book Soulprint: Discovering Your Divine Destiny (p. 146). Multnomah Books. Kindle Edition. 

We have had for a number of years in the church world, worship wars.  What that means is there have been major disagreements over the kind of music we use in our church gatherings.  I know, it doesn’t make sense to me either.   Worship is the way I share my love for GOD.  It’s toward HIM, for HIM not toward me, for me.  

Yes music is one way we worship but of course it’s not the only way.  I love my wife Margaret but I don’t just sing love songs to her to express my love.  The same is true with GOD. 

A little over 64 years ago GOD created me and released me into the world.  He gave me a potential that HE created me to be.  Now because of sin I am an imperfect marred human being.  But I have within me the ability to have a relationship with CHRIST which in turn will empower me to become what HE created me to be.  So the best way I can show HIM I love HIM is to become the best version of who HE created me to be.

Now there are so many ways that is done.  I start my day in the Bible.  I read one Psalm every day to keep me positive in a negative world.  I watch what I eat to keep me healthy.  I walk from three to five miles every day to keep me at 64 from being a cripple and to prolong my life.  I read two newspapers a day to keep informed; I read at least one to two books a week to grow mentally; I listen to two pod casts a day to help me grow spiritually; I write two blogs to minister and share CHRIST to people around the world; I spend my evenings and weekends with my wife, Margaret because she is my love and my best friend, and I follow the Dodgers to keep me humble.

Yes, I am retired but I did a lot of that when I was a Pastor.  I love GOD and I want to become the best version HE created me to be.

Oh and I also love to worship GOD through singing. 

How about you?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Hurry and love are incompatible.”

A thought by John Mark Comer from his book, The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry (p. 23). The Crown Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. (Click on the book title to go to Amazon.com to buy the book.) Wow, pretty strong thought isn’t it? John says, “All my worst moments as a father, a husband, and a pastor, even as a human being, are when I’m in a hurry—late for an appointment, behind on my unrealistic to-do list, trying to cram too much into my day. I ooze anger, tension, a critical nagging—the antitheses of love. If you don’t believe me, next time you’re trying to get your type B wife and three young, easily distracted children out of the house and you’re running late (a subject on which I have a wealth of experience), just pay attention to how you relate to them. Does it look and feel like love? Or is it far more in the vein of agitation, anger, a biting comment, a rough glare? Hurry and love are oil and water: they simply do not mix.” He goes on, “Hence, in the apostle P...

"Lie 2: The more you worry about it, the better your odds of avoiding it."

A thought by Louie Giglio in his book,   Winning the War on Worry    (p. 5). Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition. (Click on the book title to go to Amazon to buy the book.) Here is another lie that the Enemy uses with us. And Louie says, "This is a tricky lie. Yes, we often have cause for concern and preparation. But the Enemy wants you to believe that if you worry or fret over a certain outcome long enough, you can keep something bad from happening." But this is so important to realize. He says, "The reality is worrying has never once prevented something negative from happening. Planning might. Prayer has. But worry never will." He continues, "The Enemy tells you that by worrying about a situation (or every situation) you can make your tomorrow better. Really, worry just robs you of today. Jesus implored us: 'I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body mor...

“The gospel is good news, not good advice.”

A thought by Timothy Keller (2016-10-25) from his book, Hidden Christmas: The Surprising Truth Behind the Birth of Christ (p. 21). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. (Click on the title to go to Amazon.com to buy the book.) I’m glad you stopped to catch a glimpse of what this thought really means. Tim says, “Advice is counsel about what you must do. News is a report about what has already been done. Advice urges you to make something happen. News urges you to recognize something that has already happened and to respond to it. Advice says it is all up to you to act. News says someone else has acted.” He then gives an illustration, “Let’s say there is an invading army coming toward a town. What that town needs is military advisers; it needs advice. Someone should explain that the earthworks and trenches should go over there, the marksmen go up there, and the tanks must go down there.”   That’s advice He goes on, “However, if a great king has intercepted and ...