Skip to main content

“The easiest way to discover the purpose of an invention is to ask the creator of it.”

A thought by Rick Warren, (2012-10-23) from his book, The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? (Purpose Driven Life, The) (Kindle Location 203). Zondervan. Kindle Edition.

I love going to Starbucks and it’s not because of the coffee.  It is for the people.  When I stepped into the first Starbucks opened in Las Vegas where I lived I noticed that they were selling a book by the head of Starbucks.  I read it and every other book about his reason for Starbucks.  I didn’t go to who thought they knew the purpose behind Starbucks.  I went to the guy.

That is why I went to the one who created me to find out why i am here.  I started in Genesis and went all the way to the end.  You go to the creator, the founder to find out the purpose.

Why did Apple create the iPhone?  You have to ask them.  Why did Edison create the light bulb?  You have to go to a book that is about him to find out why he did it?  Why was Saddleback Church in Orange County in California started?  You don’t go to Erwin McManus the founder of Mosaic in Hollywood, California to find out why Saddleback was started.  You go to Rick Warren the writer of this book and the founding Pastor of Saddleback to find out why.  That is why you don’t go to yourself to find out the purpose for why you are alive; you go to your creator.

So to really know yourself you go to God.  He created each one of us with a purpose in mind and to know that, sure does make the whys and the wherefores of our life make sense. 

So your purpose starts with His purpose.  And the Bible is a good place to start.  That’s why this book by Rick Warren on His purpose for us is filled with Scripture.  Colossians 1:16 (MSG) says, “For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible…everything got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him.”

So what do you think is your purpose?     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“It’s not our job to determine if the faith of others is genuine or fake.”

A thought by Larry Osborne (2015-04-01) from his book, Thriving in Babylon: Why Hope,Humility, and Wisdom Matter in a Godless Culture(Kindle Locations 544-545). David C. Cook. Kindle Edition.. (Click on the title to go to Amazon.com to buy the book.)
I have just finished a book and now I am looking for a new one.  I have just bought three new books and have been getting through the beginning of all of them to see which one I will find challenging and enlightening to not only me but to you.
Now this thought stopped me.  I fight within me to be critical of the Christian world and its tendency toward fighting battles that I don’t perceive as God’s battles.  In other words I fight being judgmental of others.  But as Larry says, “It’s not our job to determine if the faith of others is genuine or fake.”  He goes on to say, “We’re not supposed to take it upon ourselves to weed out the genuine from the counterfeit. That’s God’s job. Jesus made it clear that we are to leave the weeding to him.”
N…

“The little things you do every day have a greater impact on others than you might think.”

A thought by John C. Maxwell (2017-03-07) from his book, Encouragement Changes Everything: Bless and Be Blessed (Kindle Location 306-307). Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition. (Click on the title to go to Amazon.com to buy the book.)
This is a good reminder, isn’t it?
John says, “Roman philosopher Lucius Annaeus Seneca observed, ‘Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness.’ If you want to lift people up, do it daily.”
John goes on, “ENCOURAGERS KNOW THE LITTLE DIFFERENCE THAT SEPARATES HURTING AND HELPING. The little things you do every day have a greater impact on others than you might think. You hold the power to make another person’s life better or worse by the things you do today. Those closest to you—your spouse, children, or parents—are most affected by what you say and do. Use that power wisely.”
He then says, “ENCOURAGERS INITIATE THE POSITIVE IN A NEGATIVE ENVIRONMENT. IT’S ONE THING TO BE POSITIVE IN A POSITIVE OR NEUTRAL ENVIRONMENT. It’s another to be an i…

“When life doesn’t make sense, it becomes all about trust.”

A thought by Erwin Raphael McManus, (2006-11-14) from his book,Soul Cravings: An Exploration of the Human Spirit(p. 215). Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition.

When you have lived life for any amount of time there is always a chance that you will go through a time that life doesn’t make sense.Maybe that is where you are today.
I have been fortunate to have lived with a father that I could trust.I knew I could trust what my dad said, what he believed and what he taught.I knew he wasn’t perfect but I trusted him.And that was so important as a son living life.I wasn’t ready to take on all the responsibilities of life but I knew I could trust my dad.
Some of you haven’t had that privilege. You had a father that couldn’t be trusted so in life’s not making sense times you can have real trouble.  Having had someone you trust is so important in living through those times.
Now my dad wasn’t perfect in all things but he did lead me to someone who was perfect, someone I could totally trust in all times.  …